Tuesday, March 4, 2014

An Ode to Sunscreen

There are numerous advances in skincare today. Now a days armed with a laser, doctors can ablate your aged skin back to baby like perfection. It's an exciting world we live in!  Still with all these advances Skincare Professionals still agree that prevention and maintenance are the easiest ways to a youthful appearance. That being said, there is one simple step that can make or break the future of your face! You guessed it wearing sunscreen! Everyone has heard the claims that it will be your face's saving grace! However, as a professional I am always surprised to find that a lot of people are still going without it.



You know the dangers: cancer, wrinkles, sunspots. Unfortunately, many people think they can start when they begin to see damage. News flash friends! The damage is already there! It's sitting underneath the surface waiting to climb to the top. You acquired most of it before you were even 18 years old! As your skin sheds with age and time you will start seeing it more and more.


 Don't believe me? Today I put my face on the front page to express to you the dangers of sun exposure! For those of you who don't know me, I am a fair girl, (aka: alabaster, pasty, pale, ivory, or ghostly if you like.) I spent my summers 'geeking' away in dark theatres where sun exposure was never a worry. Standing in front of me today you wouldn't peg me as someone with sun damage. 




 Do not attempt to adjust your screen! This is a UV photo of me taken almost one year ago. I was shocked to find out that I had all that sun damage lurking below! When did it happen? I wasn't exactly 'outdoorsy'. In truth, a lot of our sun exposure happens when we least think about protecting ourselves. For example, when we are driving in the car or grabbing groceries.

It is vital that sunblock be a part of your everyday routine. It is your first defense against aging! If you are going to be active or in  the water, it is even more important to reapply every two hours. Can these spots be corrected? Of course, but it takes time, money, and effort. Why not save yourself the headache? You may be thinking, "Alabaster isn't for me." That's okay! Spray tans today are top of the line! In fact tube tans are getting pretty good too, all it takes is practice!

I personally choose to embrace my fair skin!
         
     -Much love,
             M


  

No comments:

Post a Comment